Summary: A look into how technology has advanced with the rise of artificial intelligence particularly due to the ongoing pandemic of covid-19
Artificial intelligence can be defined as reproduction or imitation of human intelligence in machines, these machines are programmed to think like humans and impersonate their actions. Therefore, this technology has very strong effect on user interaction with the Internet and can vastly affect the way humans interact with the digital world and can have significant impact on day to day activities.
With the help of Artificial Intelligence, an electronic device identifies its environment and performs actions that will eventually means successful achieving of goals. Artificial intelligence can be associated with computers or machines with intellectual functions like learning or problem solving.
(2) Human Resource management:- Human Resources Development benefits because if recruitment can be automated and computerized, it makes the Human Resource workers directly work with people in the business or people they desire to hire, thereby spending their quality human time to build an efficient HR department.
(3) Healthcare: It provides good options for booking appointments online or online consultation by again providing cataloguing features of any medicine or doctor capabilities. We can discover the best medical healthcare facilities based on the suggestions provided by the healthcare apps.
(4) Cyber Security: In cyber security, it works successfully in data protection. It also allows companies to detect susceptibilities or irregular user behaviour in such business applications as ERP or Financial systems or while using net banking etc.
Examples of Artificial Intelligence
Initially Researchers invented algorithms and these copied step-by-step reasoning that humans use while solving puzzles, thereby making eloquent presumptions. In the present day scenario the following devices/ apps use Artificial intelligence
(1) Google Maps App: Through the use of Artificial Intelligence it provides data on speed and movement during traffic, as well as the best route while driving. It the one of the most efficient path finder while driving or travelling to a new place for travellers.
(2) Taxi App like Uber and OLA: With the help of Artificial Intelligence these Apps determine the cost of a ride and even give us an estimated cost in terms of the kms to be travelled. They also match us with other passengers to minimize detours in ride sharing. The Uber EATS by using Artificial Intelligence optimizes pickup locations and detects fraud too.
(3) Spam filters in email: When you insert criteria for recognising Spam email the Machine Learning Algorithms (Artificial intelligence) generally filters the unwanted email. This prevents our inboxes from getting flooded with unwanted or spam emails.
(4) Mobile Cheque Deposits App:- Some large / international banks offer the ability to deposit cheques through a smartphone app, removing the need for customers to physically deliver a check to the bank.
(5) Disease mapping Apps: The very good example of this in the current pandemic is the Arogya Setu app. The information we feed into it is used by it to inform people about the most sensitive places in the pandemic situation.
In this pandemic situation WHO and CDC are receiving data of the pandemic through Artificial Intelligence, with the help of various improvisations in the internet. It is this Artificial intelligence that detected the possibility of a pandemic outbreak during the start of COVID 19. In the ongoing scenario it helps predict the infection rate and spreading trends of the pandemic.
Thus with the daily data changing Artificial intelligence permits us to recognise and adjust medical care and develop strategies to overcome the pandemic situation. Now, with social distancing becoming the new normal in the pandemic situation, the demand for Artificial intelligence is increasing with millions of students accessing their education through education tech apps, women buying groceries and essentials on apps. There has been a huge increase in online payments and the world is suddenly moving from cash to cashless payments. Even professionally employees attend video conferences and conference calls on a very large scale, like never before in the history of mankind. Therefore, Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, data, 5G and automation is soon becoming the new normal in every household for daily functioning. There maybe a sudden surge to use robots to do jobs of the humans, who have to stay home due to social distancing or who have been reassigned within the existing workplace.
Artificial Intelligence can also help speed up the development of the COVID vaccine with various institutions using machine learning-enabled chatbots for the contactless screening of COVID-19 symptoms and to reply requests. An example is Clevy.io, a French start-up, through a chatbot makes it easier for people to find official government broadcastings about COVID-19.
With the help of Artificial Intelligence, Contract review would be rather faster and easier. This method would make Contract review accurate and almost perfect, as the human element of tiredness, fatigue and exhaustion maynot occur at all. Hence, more routine and mundane jobs can be taken over by the automated program, which can help detect the points of dispute in a very normal contract.
As practising lawyers we require a lot of research to be done on a legal point of law, so Artificial intelligence will help create a strong platform for such research where it is very easy and comfortable to find the point of law to be researched in terms of cataloguing the similar kind of caselaws, statutes etc. In addition, to uniformity, the quality and references of the end result will be more unvarying than vague and nebulous. Although Artificial intelligence may provide lots of Intelligent tools to lawyers to save time, it cannot totally replace the lawyers as the legal profession requires a lot of analysis, psychoanalysis, scrutiny, inquiry and decision- making. The art of cross-examination of an under trial cannot be done by the automated machine, as the way to crack a witness changes from person to person.
Our future generations will benefit only if we manage the steeplechase between the growing strength of technology and the prudence with which we handle it, to the best of our advantage. For example in defence the independent of human operation weapons work with Artificial intelligence and if they fall into the wrong hands they can cause severe massacre and damage beyond what was actually desired, while designing them. Likewise, if we program a robot to clean our home fast, it maybe so fast that it might start throwing everything that comes in its way thereby causing a lot of destruction. Overall this kind of autonomy will create devastation and mayhem. Therefore, it very important to be ahead in the steeplechase by controlling and programming the Artificial intelligence gadgets, so that we may achieve the objective and still be in control of the situation.
Tags: Artificial intelligence, Pandemic, Covid-19, Aarogya Setu, Healthcare provision, Technology provision.