New Delhi Immigration Lawyers

Are you a foreign national considering to visit ‘the capital of India’, Delhi or perhaps assisting a person in need of immigration help? Helpline Law is your one-stop solution for all your queries related to immigration law in India. We review your query and connect you with qualified and experienced advocates who work closely with the embassies in India and specialize in Indian Immigration services and provide assistance to foreign clients in getting a tourist visa, Indian business visa, Indian work permit, Indian student visa, medical visa, entry visa, employment visa etc.

In India, the law relating to citizenship or nationality is mainly governed by the provisions of the Constitution. India has historically been a land of plenty and immigration has been driven by economic opportunities. Attorneys in our database advice clients on Business Immigration and assist expats in getting their work permits in India. With government allowing Dual Citizenship, the said issue has become another important practice area for advocates. Further, our legal experts advice expats on their tax liability in India.

The team of dedicated legal experts in our database can assist you with the following services such as:

  • Advise on the type of visa which can be required by the foreigner visiting India
  • Assistance in the documentation process
  • Assistance provided in the preparation and submission of the complete documents with the concerned authorities
  • Advise on the procedural issues related to visa and obtaining the visa
  • Registration of Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
  • Assist in the application and filing of OIC cards
  • Conversion of visa status, assist in visa renewals, registration with Foreigner Regional Registration Offices/Foreigner Registration Office (FRRO/FRO) etc.
  • Obtaining the Resident Permit
  • Extension of Visas
  • Registration of Foreigners visiting India with FRRO Department
  • Representation of the client in the immigration matter before Government Authority for approvals/seeking clarity, etc.
  • Assistance with obtaining the Indian Citizenship
  • Keeping the client thoroughly informed of any update in the immigration regulations and provide all knowledge of the alternative visa options available to the client
  • Resolving issues that crop up pertaining to a temporary visa, work permits
  • Issues related to Visa Refusal, and filing of appeals against visa refusal
  • Issues related to family or employee based naturalization and immigration sponsorship

Types of work VISA for foreign nationals:

A company in India can hire an expatriate either as an employee or a consultant/ adviser. The duration of employment may be short or long. The most challenging part of the process is compliance with various immigration regulations, which sometimes are misconstrued thus leading to small hassles or even deportation. There are basically two types of work-related visas, namely, business visas and employment visas.

  • Business visas are for those who make business-related trips to India. To be eligible for a business visa, the applicant should be a person of assured financial standing, with expertise in the field of the intended business. The applicant should not be visiting India to conduct money lending or petty trading or for full-time employment. Business visitors are required to fill out an online visa application and visit their nearest embassy with a printout of the application and required travel documents. A business visa is generally non-convertible and non-extendable.
  • Employment visas are issued for the purpose of employment with an organization registered in India. Employment visas are usually granted for one year, or the term of the contract. They can be extended in India. Extensions may be obtained from the MHA or FRRO in the concerned state in India. To be eligible for an employment visa, the applicant should be a highly skilled and/ or qualified professional being engaged by a company in India on contract or an employment basis at a senior level and drawing a salary of more than US$25,000 a year. An employment visa can’t be granted for routine, ordinary or secretarial/clerical jobs.

Below are the concerned authorities where the entry of the foreigners visiting India, filing of Application for visas, residential permits and OCI is maintained and regulated.

  • Ministry of Home Affairs

Foreign Division

Purpose: The Division deals with all matters relating to visa, immigration, citizenship, overseas citizenship of India, acceptance of foreign contribution and hospitality.

Address: North Block, New Delhi – 110001, India

  • Bureau of Immigration


It is the enforcement department which ensures all the foreigners within its territorial jurisdiction comply with the existing laws. It further assists the enforcement agencies such as FRRO to maintain the records pertaining to entry and departure of the foreigners who are entering into India.

  • Foreign Regional Registration Office

Purpose: Foreigner visiting India on Student Visa, Research Visa, Medical Visa, and Employment Visa which is valid for more than 180 days is required to get himself registered with the concerned FRRO within 14 days of arrival, irrespective of the duration of stay. Apart from obtaining the registration for      resident permit, it also takes care of the application related to OCI.

Address: 2 East Block-VIII, Level-V, Sector 1, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066, India.

Contact us for Immigration related query!

We help you to connect with technically sound and experienced attorneys who can guide you through the entire complex and highly technical process of immigration. Lawyers in our database provide a wide range of immigration services ranging from immigration consulting services to assistance in filing of immigration visas and non-immigration visas.

The clients who are intending to seek assistance in the matters related to Immigration at Delhi can connect at our online portal through which our efficient legal expert would take up the matter and provide the services on the related matters.