Chapter IV Main Responsibilities of CitizensArticle 72:
Main responsibilities of citizens:
1. Everyone has obligations to the state and society directly resulting from his/her rights and liberties.
2. Everyone must follow provisions of the Constitution and Laws of the Azerbaijan Republic, respect rights and liberties of other persons, fulfill other obligations envisaged by the law.
3. Not knowing the law does not release from responsibility.Article 73:
Taxes and other state duties:
1. Everyone must pay taxes and other state duties in-time and in full volume as required.
2. Nobody may be forced to pay taxes and other state duties if they are not envisaged in the law and in excess of amount specified therein.Article 74:
Loyalty to motherland:
1. Loyalty to motherland is sacred.
2. Persons working in legislative, executive or judicial power bodies who were elected and appointed to their posts are responsible for accurate and conscientious fulfilment of their obligations and, whenever required by the law, make an oath.
3. Person working in legislative, executive or judicial power bodies who was elected and appointed to his/her post and made an oath regarding the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic shall be considered dismissed and will not be able to take this position if he/she was accused in crime against the state, including rebellion or state coup and has been sentenced based on this accusation.Article 75:
Respect for state symbols:
Every citizen must respect state symbols of the Azerbaijan Republic - its banner, state emblem and hymn.Article 76:
Defence of motherland:
1. Defence of motherland is duty of any citizen. Citizens of the Republic serve in the army according to legislation.
2. If beliefs of citizens come into conflict with service in the army then in some cases envisaged by legislation alternative service instead of regular army service is permitted.Article 77:
Protection of historical and cultural memorials:
Every citizen is responsible for protection of historical and cultural memorials.Article 78:
Protection of environment:
Every citizen is responsible for protection of environment.Article 79:
Inadmissibility of fulfilment of obligations contradicting the legislation:
No one may be forced to carry out obligations contradicting the Constitution and laws of the Azerbaijan Republic.Article 80:Responsibility:
Violation of provisions of the present Constitution and laws of the Azerbaijan Republic including usurpation of rights and liberties and also failure to fulfil responsibilities specified in the present Constitution and laws of the Azerbaijan Republic are persecuted.