TITLE VI Territorial StructureArticle 79
1. The Communism, as organs of representation and administration of the Parriquies, are public corporations with legal status and with local regulatory powers subject to law by means of ordinacions, regulations and decrees. Within the area of their jurisdiction subject to the Constitution, the laws and tradition, the Communism function under the principle of self-government, recognised and guaranteed by the Constitution.
2. The Communism represent the interests of the Parriquies, approve and carry out the communal budget, fix and develop their public policies within the bounds of their territory and manage and administer all parish property, whether in the communal, public, patrimonial or private domain.
3. Their ruling organs are elected democratically.Article 80
1. Within the framework of their administrative and financial autonomy, the Communism have their powers delimited by a Llei Qualification, at least in the following matters:
- Population census.
- Electoral roll. Participation in the management of the electoral procedure and administration under the terms provided for by the law.
- Popular consultations.
- Commerce, industry and professional activities.
- Delimitation of the communal territory.
- Property of their own, and of the communal public domain.
- Natural resources.
- Cadastral register.
- Local planning.
- Public thoroughfares.
- Culture, sports and social activities.
- Communal public services.
2. Within the framework of the State's power to impose taxes, the aforementioned Llei Qualification determines the economic and fiscal faculties of the Communism needed for the exercise of their jurisdiction. These faculties shall deal at least, with the use and exploitation of natural resources, traditional tributes, and with the taxes for communal services, administrative licences, establishment of commercial, industrial and professional activities and real estate.
3. Matters under the jurisdiction of the State may be delegated to the Parriquies by law.Article 81
In order to ensure the economic capacity of the Communism, a Llei Qualification shall determine the transfer of funds from the General Budget to the Communism, and guarantee that one part of these funds be apportioned in equal quantities to each of the Parriquies, and the other part to be shared proportionally on grounds of population, extension of their territory and other indicators.Article 82
1. Conflicts arising from the interpretation or exercise of jurisdiction between the general organs of the State and the Communism shall be settled by the Tribunal Constitutional.
2. The acts of the Communism shall be directly enforced through the means established by law. Against such acts administrative and jurisdictional appeals may be lodged with the purpose of controlling their conformity with the legal system.Article 83
The Communism have legislative initiative and are entitled to lodge appeals of unconstitutionality under the terms provided for in the Constitution.Article 84
The laws shall take into account custom and usage in order to determine the jurisdiction of Quarts and Veinats as well as their relationship with the Communism.