Chapter Six Loya JirgaArticle 110
Loya Jirga is the highest manifestation of the people of Afghanistan.
Loya Jirga consists of the following:
1. Members of the National Assembly.
2. Chairpersons of the provincial and district councils.
The ministers, Chief Justice and members of the Supreme Court, can participate in the sessions of the Loya Jirga without the right to vote.Article 111
Loya Jirga is convened in the following situations:
1. To take decision on the issues related to independence, national sovereignty, territorial integrity, and supreme interests of the country.
2. To amend the provisions of this Constitution.
3. To prosecute the President in accordance with the provisions of Article 69 of this Constitution.Article 112
The Loya Jirga in its first session elects from among its members a chairperson, a deputy-chair, and a secretary and an assistant secretary.Article 113
The quorum of the Loya Jirga for voting is completed by the majority of members.
The decisions of the Loya Jirga are taken by a majority of the present members except in cases as explicitly stated in this Constitution.Article 114
Discussions of the Loya Jirga are open except when one -fourth of its members demand their secrecy, and the Loya Jirga accepts this demand.Article 115
During the session of a Loya Jirga, the provision of Articles 101 and 102 of this Constitution are applied on its members.