Year : 1957
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
Act No. 44 of 1957
[7th December, 1957.]
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
(2) In this section,—
2[(a) “Himachal Pradesh” includes the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 5 of the Punjab Reorganisation Act, 1966 (11 of 1966);]
3[(aa)]”subordinate service or post” means any service or post appointments to which are not notified in the Official Gazette but includes any service of tehsildars;
(b) “Telangana area” comprises all the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956 (37 of 1956).
4[4. Parliamentary scrutiny of rules.—Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions, and if before the expiry of the session in which it is so laid or the session immediately following, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter
1. Subs. by Act 1 of 1969, s. 2, for “local authority” (w.e.f. 19-3-1969). 2. Ins. by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 19-3-1969).
3. Clause (a) renumbered as clause (aa) of that section by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 19-3-1969). 4. Subs. by Act 10 of 1964, s. 2, for section 4 (w.e.f. 9-5-1964).
have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
5. Duration of section 3 and rules.—Section 3 and all rules made thereunder shall cease to have effect on the expiration of 1[fifteen years] from the commencement of this Act, but such cesser shall not affect the validity of any appointment previously made in pursuance of the said rules.
1. Subs. by Act 1 of 1969, s. 3, for “ten years” (w.e.f. 19-3-1969).