Year : 2002
ACT NO. 25 OF 2002.
[24th May, 2002.]
An Act further to amend the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order,1950.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-third Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
Section -1 Short title.
This Act may be called the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Act, 2002.
Section -2 Amendment of the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950.
The Schedule to the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 is hereby amended in the manner and to the extent specified here under, namely:-
(a) In PART XIII.-
(i) Omit entry 22;
(ii) Omit entry 90;
(iii) After entry 93, insert-
94. Mangali (in Koraput and Kalahandi districts)
95. Mirgan (in Navrangpur district).
(b) In PART XIV.-Punjab,-
(i) For entry 9, substitute-
9. Chamar, Jatia Chamar, Rehgar, Raigar, Ramdasi, Ravidasi, Ramdasia, Ramdasia Sikh, Ravidasia, Ravidasia Sikh.
(ii) After entry 37, insert-
(c) In PART XIX.-West Bengal,-
(i) For entry 22, substitute-
22. Hari, Mehtar, Mehtor, Bhangi, Balmiki.
(ii) After entry 59, insert-
60. Chain (in Malda, Murshidabad, Nadia and Dakshin Dinajpur districts). -