Year : 1921
[Act, No.17 of 1921]
[30th September, 1921]
An Act further to amend the Cattle-trespass ACT, 1871.
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Cattle-trespass Act, 1871;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
Section -1 Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Cattle-trespass (Amendment) Act, 1921.
(2) This section shall be come into force at once.
(3) The rest of the Act shall come into force [This Act has been declared to be in force in-
(1) Madras Presidency, form 1st April, 1938, see Fort St.George Gazette, 1928, Pt.I, p.488;
(2) Bombay Presidency (excluding the town of Bombay), from 1st May, 1924, See Bombay Govt.Gazette, 1924, Pt.I, p.654;
(3) Bengal Presidency (except the town of Calcutta), from 1st April, 1928, see calcutta Gazette, 1928, Pt.I.p.455;
(4) Punjab, from 28th April 1922, see Punjab Gazette, 1922, Pt.I, p.401;
(5) B.& O., from 1st October, 1923, see B.& O.Gazette 1923, Part II, p.1264; Santhal Parganas under the Santhal Parganas Settlement Regulation (3 of 1872), Section3 (3) (a), see ibid., 1922, Pt.II, p.271;
(6) C.P.from 1st May ,see C.P.Gazette, 1922 Pt.III, p.351;
(7) Delhi, from 10th December, 1925, see Gazette of India, 1925, Pt.II-A, p.397;
(8) Coorg, from 22nd August, 1935, see Coorg Gazette, 1938, Pt.I.p.39; and
(9) Andaman and Nicobar Islands, see the Chief Commissioner's Notification No.2 of 1938, dated 20 th January, 1938.] in any [Substituted by the A.O.1950, for "Province".] [Part A State or Part C State] or part thereof on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette appoint.
Section -2 Substitution of new section for section 12, Act, 1 of 1871
For section 12 of the Cattle-trespass Act, 1871, the following section shall be substituted, namely:-
[See page 10 supra.]
Section -3 Repealed
[Repeal.] Repealed by the Repealing Act, 1927( 12 of 1927), Section 2 and Schedule.