An Act further to amend the Cattle-trespass ACT, 1871.
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Cattle-trespass Act, 1871;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
(1) This Act may be called the Cattle-trespass (Amendment) Act, 1921.
(2) This section shall be come into force at once.
(3) The rest of the Act shall come into force [This Act has been declared to be in force in-
(1) Madras Presidency, form 1st April, 1938, see Fort St.George Gazette, 1928, Pt.I, p.488;
(2) Bombay Presidency (excluding the town of Bombay), from 1st May, 1924, See Bombay Govt.Gazette, 1924, Pt.I, p.654;
(3) Bengal Presidency (except the town of Calcutta), from 1st April, 1928, see calcutta Gazette, 1928, Pt.I.p.455;
(4) Punjab, from 28th April 1922, see Punjab Gazette, 1922, Pt.I, p.401;
(5) B.& O., from 1st October, 1923, see B.& O.Gazette 1923, Part II, p.1264; Santhal Parganas under the Santhal Parganas Settlement Regulation (3 of 1872), Section3 (3) (a), see ibid., 1922, Pt.II, p.271;
(6) C.P.from 1st May ,see C.P.Gazette, 1922 Pt.III, p.351;
(7) Delhi, from 10th December, 1925, see Gazette of India, 1925, Pt.II-A, p.397;
(8) Coorg, from 22nd August, 1935, see Coorg Gazette, 1938, Pt.I.p.39; and
(9) Andaman and Nicobar Islands, see the Chief Commissioner's Notification No.2 of 1938, dated 20 th January, 1938.] in any [Substituted by the A.O.1950, for "Province".] [Part A State or Part C State] or part thereof on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette appoint.
For section 12 of the Cattle-trespass Act, 1871, the following section shall be substituted, namely:-
[See page 10 supra.]
[Repeal.] Repealed by the Repealing Act, 1927( 12 of 1927), Section 2 and Schedule.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.