The Republic Article 1
(1) The Gambia is a Sovereign Secular Republic
(2) The Sovereignty of The Gambia resides in the people of The Gambia from whom all organs of government derive their authority and in whose name and for whose welfare and prosperity the powers of government are to be exercised in accordance with this Constitution
Public Seal Article 2.
(1) The Public seal shall be the seal in existence immediately before this Constitution comes into force or such other seal as may be prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly.
(2) The Public Seal shall be used exclusively for authenticating matters of state and no person or organisation, other than the Government of The Gambia and those persons who may be authorised in accordance with an Act of the National assembly, may use the design of the seal or any design resembling it as such person’s or organisation’s emblem.
National Flag Article 3.
(1) The National Flag shall be a flag of the design set out in and anthem Schedule1.
(2) The National Anthem shall be the anthem in use immediately before this Constitution comes into force.